- Town Council
- Boards & Committees
- Safety & Services
The Ulysses Planning Board was formed in 1957 to address a variety of social issues and start the process of preparing a Town zoning ordinance. In 1960 the Town adopted its first general zoning and trailer park ordinance and the Planning Board began focusing on land use issues. The Zoning Law was updated in 1972 and 1978, and re-written in 2005 after the first Comprehensive Plan was put in place. In 2009, the Town Board also charged the Planning Board with the task of beginning the process of bringing the Zoning Law up to date with the 2009 Comprehensive Plan.
Examples of Planning Board Responsibilities:
- Site Plan review and approval
- Cell Tower Review and approval
- Advise the Town Board on changes in the zoning laws and development districts
- Follow Town Law, Section 274 (a) and enforce the Zoning Laws
The five members on the Planning Board (all volunteers) serve staggered terms of five years each.
Members of the Planning Board must:
- Be a resident of the Town of Ulysses
- Submit a Letter of Interest and be appointed by the Town Board
- Fulfill the attendance and training requirements for members
- Choose a vice-chairperson and an acting chairperson to serve in the absence of the chairperson
- Appoint a secretary to take minutes and keep records
The Planning Board meets as needed on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Ulysses Town Hall, 10 Elm Street, Trumansburg, New York.
Town of Ulysses, NYIf you have questions please contact Carissa Parlato or call (607) 387-5767.
10 Elm St.
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Fax: (607) 387-5843
© 2017 Town of Ulysses, NY
Sign Up for News & Info
You have been added to our mailing list.