Plumbing permits, applications for permits and permit questions are addressed during office hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call or email: 607-387-5767 (ask for Marsha Georgia) or email@example.com
What you will need:
• A drawing of the planned plumbing project (sample on last page)
• Owner's complete name and phone number
• Service address
• Plumbers name and phone number
• Payment: Cash or check; the cost varies by type of permit, service location, and water meter size.
Inspections are required to verify plumbing is in compliance with all applicable New York State and local building codes. Do not cover, bury or otherwise hide any plumbing prior to having it properly inspected and approved by the Town of Ulysses. At the time the plumbing permit is issued, the manner of inspections included in the permit is explained. Additional inspection trips can be provided at additional cost.
APPLICATION FOR PLUMBING PERMIT
ULYSSES WATER COMMISSION
10 ELM STREET, TRUMANSBURG, NY 14886
Property Address: ________________________________Tax Parcel #_____________
Property Owner: ______________________________________________________
Mailing Address: ______________________________Phone No: _______________
Plumber/Contractor: ______________________________Phone No.____________
INSPECTIONS: OUTSIDE- WATER ❑ TAP ONLY ❑ UNDERSLAB ❑
INSIDE- ROUGH DWV ❑ SUPPLY ❑FINAL ❑
Plumbing to Be Done
Type of Facility: ___________________New: ____ Existing: ____
Service Line Size & Mat’l: ___________________Meter Size & Type: ___________
CCC SURVEY _ Containment Required Y ❑ N ❑ EX ❑ RPZ ❑ DCVA ❑ PCKT❑
1. ALL NECESSARY ROAD CROSSINGS OR ROAD EXCAVATION PERMITS MUST BE SECURED FROM THE MUNICIPALITY WITH JURISDICTION (INCLUDING COUNTY AND STATE)
2. PLEASE ALLOW TWO WORKING DAYS TO SCHEDULE TAPS AND EXCAVATIONS
3. NO PLUMBING MAY BE COVERED UNTIL INSPECTED AND APPROVE
4. IF YOUR SERVICE IS ACTIVATED IN THE MIDDLE OF A BILLING PERIOD, YOUR BILL WILL BE PRORATED ACCORDINGLY
I AGREE TO ENSURE PROPER PLUMBING WORK UNDER THIS PERMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE New York STATE UNIFORM FIRE PREVENTION AND BUILDING CODE (1-84), RULES AND REGULATIONS, THE LAWS OF THE MUNICIPALITY, AND THE ULYSSES STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS AND DETAILS FOR WATER FACILITIES. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE OWNER OF THIS PROPERTY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OF WORK PERFORMED ON THIS PROPERTY AND ANY CHARGES RELATED TO THAT WORK. I UNDERSTAND THAT WATER BILLS WILL BE GENERATED QUARTERLY ON ACTIVE SERVICES AND THAT THOSE BILLS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PROPERTY OWNER.
OWNER OR AGENT SIGNATURE: ___________________________________________Date: ______________
OWNER OR AGENT PRINTED: ______________________________________________
Town of Ulysses Plumbing Inspections
Cost: $125.00; up to five inspections trips included:
• Review of plumbing permit application provided by the Town of Ulysses
• Make determination if the service is likely to require a backflow prevention device
• Internal inspections for pressure regulator, temperature and pressure valve, boiler backflow preventers, vacuum breakers on hose bibs, proper disconnection of well supply
• Inspection of water service line from curb box to house
• Installation of water meter and water meter remote reader
• Flush water service line
• Field measurements of curb box and water service line
• Preparation of curb cards for the service
Cross Connection Control Program
• Review and approve cross connection control device applications: $50.
• Subsequent review of rejected applications: $25.
• On-site inspection and certification of cross connection control device installations: $40.
SAMPLE SITE PLAN SKETCH:
Indicate where your septic and well are
located on your property.
(Example: 8535 Jacksonville Road)
Draw in your House
O Place Where you want meter|
Draw in driveway and any notable landmarks (such as a large tree).
Indicate how many feet you are from the road.
O Curb Box