PROPOSED PURCHASE OF JACKSONVILLE PROPERTIESThe Town of Ulysses is considering the purchase of three properties in Jacksonville that are currently for sale by Exxon Mobil Oil Corporation.
The Town of Ulysses will hold a Public Information Session on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 7:00 PM at the Ulysses Town Hall at 10 Elm Street to review the Town’s interests in and plans for the properties; to answer questions from public about the properties and the Town’s plans; and to listen to comments from the public about the proposed purchase before the Town Board decides whether to approve the purchase. Residents unable to attend may submit questions or comments to the Ulysses Town Clerk no later than 12noon on April 18th.
Additional information is available via links below and relevant documents are also available to review in the Clerk’s office at the Town Hall.
Documents to be reviewed at Public Information Session April 18, 2017:
4/18/17 PowerPoint Presentation on Proposal to Purchase Properties in Jacksonville
Maps of parcels under consideration:
Bargain and Sale Deed
Contract of Sale
Town of Ulysses Draft Resolution to Authorize the Purchase of Property from Exxon Mobil Oil Corporation
State Environmental Quality Review Documents:
SEQR Part 1
SEQR Parts 2 & 3
Resolution: SEQR Determination for land acquisition of three Jacksonville properties
Environmental and Due Diligence Reports
- Phase I Environmental Assessment conducted by Town of Ulysses with independent environmental consultant GeoLogic, 2016 Narrative Report. NOTE: Appendices referred to in the report are available in hard copy only at the Town Clerk’s office.
- Closure Work Plan / Results of Waterline Soil Sampling Report, Former Mobil Service Station 17-N1D, Trumansburg Road, Jacksonville, New York, dated March 16, 2004, completed by Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc.
- Site Monitoring Report, Former Mobil Service Station 17-NID, Trumansburg Road, Jacksonville, New York, dated May 14, 2004, completed by Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc.
- Subsurface Investigation Summary Reports, Former Mobil Service Station #01-N1D, Offsite Parcels, Trumansburg and Jacksonville Roads, Jacksonville, New York, dated November 25, 2014 completed by Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc.
- Asbestos Survey and Limited Hazardous Materials Assessment Report related to the Former Grange Hall located at 5020 Jacksonville Road, Trumansburg, New York 14886 dated June 2016 prepared by New York Environmental Technologies, Inc.
- Email exchange with New York State Department of Health RE: safe redevelopment of Exxon Mobil properties.