- Town Council
- Boards & Committees
- Safety & Services
**CLICK HERE for TAX BILL information: to pay your bill, get a copy, or a receipt**
--When entering in information, please enter only ONE field. The program seems to get confused with too much information.
-- For security reasons, this program will only work with current versions of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
TAX F.A.Q. (Frequently asked questions)
GUIDE TO TOMPKINS COUNTY TAXES:
|TAX:||DUE DATE :||WHERE YOU PAY IT:||WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS:|
|Town & County||Jan. 31, 2017||Town of Ulysses until March 31; Tompkins Finance Dept. after March 31||(607)387-5767 ext. 221 or email@example.com|
|Village||June 30||Village of Trumansburg||(607)387-6501 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|School||Sept. 30||Any Tompkins Trust Company, or mail to:
TST BOCES CBO-TAX
555 Warren Rd.
Ithaca NY 14850
(607)257-1551 ext. 1042
Town & County Tax
Property owners may pay either the full amount (without penalty) or the 1st Installment amount (with a penalty) on or before January 31, 2017.
1st installment payments cannot be accepted afterJanuary 31, 2017.
- Town and County tax bills are usually not sent to a forwarded address by the post office. If you will be away during tax season, please notify us in early December so that we can pull your bill and send it to you at your temporary address.
- By law, we are not authorized to collect taxes until we have received authorization (also know as the Warrant) from the county. This is usually sometime around the end of December.
According to state law, property owners are responsible for paying their taxes whether or not they receive a bill.
- After January 31, 2017 a 1% penalty is added to the total of the bill.
- After February 28, a 2% penalty is added to the total of the bill.
After March 31, the town no longer collects payments. All payments made or postmarked after March 31 should be sent to Tompkins County Finance Department. Unpaid tax bills after March 31 accrue a 5% penalty plus interest at the rate of 1%.
Make checks payable to Town of Ulysses Receiver of Taxes. Payments may be paid (by check or in cash) in person, mailed to 10 Elm St., Trumansburg, NY 14886, or left in the secure drop box outside the front door of the town hall.
Click here to access bills/receipts.
Receipts are mailed to property owners upon payment.
Assessment information is available at the Tompkins County Assessment Department.
Click here for an overview of how assessments are made.
Information on Tax Exemptions for seniors, veterans and others can be found at the NY State Tax Website.
- Highway Department
- Town Clerk/Tax Collection
- Town Court
- Town Supervisor's Office
- Town Historian
- Water District
- Youth Programs
- Zoning & Code Enforcement
Town of Ulysses, NYIf you have questions please contact Carissa Parlato or call (607) 387-5767.
10 Elm St.
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Fax: (607) 387-5843
© 2017 Town of Ulysses, NY
Sign Up for News & Info
You have been added to our mailing list.